A child’s smile is a thousand times brighter than the Sun, and this initiative by Bhumi does just that by fulfilling the wishes of underprivileged children in shelter homes or orphanages during festive seasons.
The eighth edition of ‘Joy to the World’ Programme, 2015-16 has been a great success. This year saw fulfilling the wishes of more 5000 children from 80 shelter homes across the country. This was carried out in 10 of 13 cities where Bhumi functions – Chennai, Bengaluru, Trichy, New Delhi, Coimbatore, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Chandigarh. We thank all the donors – the 40 corporate organizations (of which 26 are doing such an initiative for the first time), and the many individuals – who participated and supported us this year, and donated gifts to the kids and fulfilled their wishes.
Cities like Chennai, Bengaluru, and Trichy combined have been successful in bringing about ‘Joy to the World’ of the children by fulfilling almost 4000 wishes. A note from one of the donors to a child in Bengaluru marks the true reward of the programme. Have a read of the Indian Express coverage of the initiative in Trichy.
The wishes of these children are not luxuries but are necessities. They wear their widest and the brightest smiles when they get their teddy bears, sports gears, foot wears, Hero pens, and schoolbags.
How this initiative works –
- Bhumi volunteers help children write their wishes on wish cards, and collect them.
- Following which Bhumi sends the cards to interested corporate company or individual donors.
- Within an organisation, the cards are distributed from which an employee selects a wish.
- Once all the wishes have been fulfilled, Bhumi collects the gifts and delivers at the orphanage.
- The donors then visit the orphanage and distribute the gifts to the kids on a scheduled day.
If you are interested to brighten up the world of underprivileged children, as an individual or wish to engage your organisation in this initiative, all you have to do is fill this form and we will get back to you next academic year.