©Bhumi | Tech4Change
Social Media Policy
This represents Bhumi’s Social Media Policy for volunteers and employees
When representing the organization online
- Commit to high standards of professionalism.
- Be respectful and polite at all times—even during online disagreements.
- Acknowledge mistakes quickly.
- Be honest and authentic.
- Delete content that is off-topic or inappropriate in character.
- Link to online references and source material when applicable.
- Think before you post, and make sure that your content is accurate and factual.
- Share only content that is meant for public consumption: Don’t discuss programs or campaigns that have not yet been officially launched to the public OR Don’t discuss internal workings of teams or their flaws in public.
- When in doubt, always get a second opinion from the city / national PR Coordinators.
Photographs & Videos
- Taking photos at centres/events with children is not allowed under Bhumi’s Child Protection Policy | Link
- For Bhumi events: If you are the photographer, share the photographs and videos only with your city PR coordinator / National PR coordinators, do not share with others without permission of either
- If its personal pictures & videos with your Bhumi friends: do not share it publicly, if it could be considered inappropriate by anyone (Eg: with alcohol etc.) remember you’re the brand ambassadors of Bhumi and we don’t want to send out the wrong signals to others. It’s okay to share privately within the limited group of friends only
All communities, emailing lists, online groups are referred to as groups below
- Do not start/create any group without the permission of the national PR Coordinators.
- If you need a group, contact the city / national PR Coordinators.
- Do not invite people unrelated to the purpose of the group i.e. Non-Bhumians, volunteers from other cities/projects etc without the permission of the city / national PR Coordinators.
- One person’s music is another person’s noise. Know your limits, and do not spam any group lest important Bhumi communication is ignored.
- Existing online groups: Owner (Admin) access needs to be given to the National PR Coordinators
- No identity for Bhumi or any part of it may be created online by anyone except the Bhumi support team or the national PR coordinators, some identities are listed below
- Facebook pages are to be created only by the Bhumi support team
- Facebook pages could be managed by designated PR team members
B.Facebook Educational Project Groups
- Facebook project groups for educational should be created only by the support team
- Membership is open ONLY to existing and past volunteers of the project
- Requests for membership by coordinators of other projects maybe approved judiciously
- Membership will be moderated by Admins (team members to be designated later)
- Posting can be moderated
- Privacy level will always be closed
- Spam of any sort should be immediately deleted and repeat offenders to be removed from groups
C.Facebook City level & Refresh project Groups
- Facebook city & refresh project groups should be created only by the support team
- Membership is open ONLY to existing, past and potential volunteers
- Membership will not be moderated
- Posting will always be moderated
- Privacy level will always be open
- Spam of any sort will be removed immediately deleted and repeat offenders to be removed from groups
D.Facebook centre level Groups
- No restriction on creation
- Membership is open ONLY to existing centre volunteers
- Membership should be moderated
- Posting will not be moderated
- Privacy level will always be closed/secret
E.Facebook PR Profiles
- Facebook PR profiles to be created only based on the approval of National facilitator and Support Team
- Profile to be handled only by volunteers approved by the National facilitator
Any other Bhumi Facebook group or page not complying with these policies has to be immediately deleted.
Some of Bhumi’s official online identities
- Website: http://bhumi.org.in/
- Blog: http://bhumi.org.in/blog/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/b/110863120516568151842/
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Bhumi.Org
- Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/company/709648
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/BhumiOrg
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/BhumiOrg
- Facebook Page (Bhumi, USA): https://www.facebook.com/BhumiUSA
- Twitter (Bhumi, USA): https://twitter.com/BhumiUsa
- Facebook Page (Volunteers.org): https://www.facebook.com/VolunteersOrg
- Twitter (Volunteers.org): https://twitter.com/VolunteersOrg
- Facebook Page (Hi5 Club): https://www.facebook.com/club.Hi5
Bhumi – other online identities
- About Me: http://about.me/Bhumi.Org
- Give India: http://www.giveindia.org/m-1116-Bhumi.aspx & http://bit.ly/BhumiG
- Facebook person: https://www.facebook.com/bhumi.indian
- Justcoz: http://justcoz.org/BhumiOrg & http://bit.ly/BhumiJ
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/BhumiOrg/
National PR Coordinators: Dr. Prahalathan Prahalathan AT bhumi.org.in 09894209741 & Ms. Vaishnavi Srinivasan Vaishnavi AT bhumi.org.in 09840868441
Support Team: [email protected]